- By 23rd October 2020, teachers are invited to apply for the call through the following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ARETE-Open-Call-for-Teacher-Coordinators-Pilot-2
- Pilot 2 teacher coordinators are invited to team up with another teacher from their school (a ‘team member’, who will participate in the ARETE Pilot 2 in the control group) in order to apply to this call. The involvement of the ‘team member’ will only begin in January 2021.
- The selected teachers will be officially informed by a confirmation email sent by European Schoolnet.
ARETE Pilot 2 Open Call
European Schoolnet is recruiting 8 primary school teachers (pupils of 4th grade – aged 8-11) as of September 2021. Their goal will be to coordinate, in their country, the teachers participating in piloting of interactive augmented reality (AR) solutions for geometry and geography provided by CleverBooks (ARETE Pilot 2), and to participate in the pilot themselves. 8 primary school teacher coordinators will be recruited from the following countries (one teacher per country):
7. Serbia/Croatia/North Macedonia
If selected, you will be one of over 170 teachers participating in this pilot from across Europe. You will receive free products and free software for participating in the project. For research purposes, there will be standardized assessment conducted to collect the data from teachers and students at a class level (no personal information will be collected) after the use of STEM-based products with Augmented Reality. This data will be compared with the similar assessment conducted in a control group who did not use Augmented Reality solutions for learning STEM. The goal of this research is to understand whether Augmented Reality supports STEM education at the primary school level and helps to keep interest in STEM subjects longer as well as retain the information long term. The efficiency of Augmented Reality as a new tool will be tested.
For more information about the activities of Pilot 2 teacher coordinators, the selection criteria for this call and the aim of this pilot, please read this document: ARETE Pilot 2 Call Briefing
- The final selection of teachers will be validated by the Ministries of Education in the corresponding countries. EUN will not enter any detailed discussions or exchanges with any applicant as to why their application was not successful.
- Selected teachers will be responsible for getting any permissions from the school necessary for their involvement in the ARETE Pilot and the completion of the tasks outlined above.
- To carry out the activities between January 2021 and June 2022, the selected teachers will be requested to sign an agreement with EUN [November 2020].
You can use the suggested Facebook and Twitter messages for dissemination by referring to the Pilot 2 Promotional Package.